Monday 10 August 2009

Excitement! - New Barry M Products

Barry M recently released new colours in their range in the UK and surprise surprise i had to get some!. They are all mainly pink colours and are very summery.

I picked up one of the new lipglosses and lip paints in superdrug on saturday, so here's what i think...





I got a new lip paint in 147. I think it's the peachy one featured on the right hand side of the pic, but in real life it's more of a coral baby pink. It's a matte lipstick, and it is very matte, but i like that because you can put a gloss over the top to make it more shiny or opt for a more subtle look. I really love the colour of this one - it's exactly what i wanted from the no53 from barry m. It costs £4.16 in superdrug and looks great with pinky coral, light cheeks, natural looking eyes and lots of mascara!




The second item i picked up was from the new range of lipglosses. I got the one in no4 i think. It's a really baby pink, which is very cool toned with an almost purple tinge. It does contain quite a lost of sparkles which are quite small. The gloss itself has a doe foot applicater which tends to bring out too much product, which i then have to wipe off on the tube.

Each of the glosses has a scent, i think this one is a strawberry one, but it smells kind of like that sickly sugary fake strawberry smell, but it isn't strong enough for that to be an issue for me. The colour is very pigmented - too pigmented to just apply straight on the lips and leave, in my opinion. I have to put two dabs in the middle of my lips and smooth out with my fingers. Unfortunately this means that a lost of the colour is lost, but the paleness and glitter still remains. One of the main problems i have with this is the texture - don't get me wrong it is very creamy, it's just when i apply it to my lips it sits in all the lines (and i'm only 18 so it's not like i have very lined lips).

This lipgloss costs £4.16, and i don't think i would re-purchase it because i think it takes too much effort to look nice. True, there aren't many other drugstore glosses of this shade available, but i'd rather wear a pale pink or purple lipstick with a clear gloss.

That's all for now

xoxo anna

2 comments:

  1. I love Barry M's new lip glosses! I got a bright pink one the other day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea the colours are great but i just can't make mine work for me!

    ReplyDelete