Wednesday 10 June 2009

Trip to Superdrug :)

omgosh.
Youtube is such a revision distraction.
Supposedly 'revising' for my A2 Geography hazards exam tomorrow, then I watched some videos, and suddenly got that craving to buy something.Grr. Why now.
So i went to Superdrug and ended up buying:

1) Softlips lip balm in vanilla
2) Me Me Me concealer
3) Revlon matte eyeshadow in Riviera Blue
4) a galaxy (ok so i had chocolate cravings too)
5) Carmex
6) Nivea Lip Balm Original
hmm. are we seeing a theme here?

So i've always used the nivea balm (i've tried them all but this is the best, even better than the repair one) and i thought i'd better get anew one since my fourth stick ran out today and my lips just die without it. It is really creamy though, after you've let it warm up a little, so it runs out quite fast (if you're using it about five times a day that is).







However, i've been hearing great reviews on the softlips so i thought i'd better try it. It's a little smaller than i'd imagined (only 2grams compared to Nivea's 4.8grams) but this does allow for more precise application, if you want that. I also didn't realise that it was minty too! I really like minty things on my lips, even though i find mints too strong to eat (i know, really weird), mainly because they give a really fresh feel - kind of like cleaning your teeth without actually doing it. It does glide on really easily and i can see why people like it, but it doesn't beat my nivea!






Then i saw the carmex, and again, i've heard really great things on you tube. This one was a bit more expensive (only three or four pounds but still...) but i thought it would be really moisturising. Don't get me wrong, i do really like it, but like the softlips - it won't beat my nivea!! I got the one in the yellow tube rather than the pot. It comes with 10grams so maybe that explains the price, and it comes out really thick, again with that minty flavour only much stronger than softlips. I can't really say i found it moisturising if i am being honest. However. it does look like a really nice clear lipgloss when it's on, and i really like the mint so i will use it but i don't think i'd buy it again. I wouldn't use the tube formula under a lipstick because it is too thick.

I haven't tried the me me me concealer yet, but i have had a go with the revlon matte eyeshadow. I bought it because i was looking for a darkish colour to create that 'smokey' look, and everyone on youtube was talking about finding alternatives for black and dark grey to use i n the summer to make it look a little warmer. So i got this blue, for about £5 i think, and despite the fact that i have green eyes i quite like it. I put it in the crease tomake my pink eyeshadow (barry m's dazzle dust in 32) look a little more adult! i realy like hte effect it gives. It looks almost greyish but a bit warmer. I think if i'd put more on you would be able to see the blue but i prefer a lighter wash. The texture of the eyeshadow is really nice, very velvety for a matte. There was a cream one as well which looked and swatched really nicely but i couldn't afford two :( They are reduced in boots at the moment, for two pounds off i think so if you are like me and don't like too much shimmer in an eyeshadow but don't want to compromise on texture i'd go and try one at least. (I didn't get mine in boots only because my store only carries two shades :(


that's all from me

xoxo anna

No comments:

Post a Comment