Saturday 13 June 2009

Barry M Nail Paint Review

I thought i'd review these since i'm getting back into wearing nail varnish again! I took a break for a while because my nails were terrible but i can't resist the lure of pretty colours!!
My nails are really short (usually quite a bit shorter than my actual finger). I don't bite my nails but i hate the feeling that they are dirty lol. i know - weird, and it isn't helped by those new hand sanitizer gels, which i use every five minutes at work. Combined i'm starting to feel a bit like a germ freak but oh well.

So... back to the nail varnish!

I have quite a few of these barry m nail paints (more than any other brand). They cost £2.95, which i think is a bargin, because many other drugstore varnishes are much more expensive and not as good quality.
One thing i really like about these is that often they only need one coat, and aren't very streaky. I hate wearing more than one coat of a nail varnish because on my little nails it won't dry. And i don't mean it won't dry in a few minutes, i mean it won't dry EVER!! So usually for those kind of varnished they just smudge until i take them off. Also they dry really quicky, but also come off without much effort from nail varnish remover (not scrubbing involved :)

However whilst this is true for most of them, i do find that the darker colours, such as the black and the rasberry, do streak a bit more, and may take more than one coat. (although this isn't true for the grey.) Another point which could be considered negative, is than i would say that you have to wear a base and top coat with these. Asides from making it much brighter, it will prevent then polish from staining your nails, particularly the yellow. The top coat should stop it wearing off so easily, although this may just be because my nails are too short. If you look at the picture below you should be able to see that this nail varnish has a strange habit of 'chipping' at the top and not anywhere else. Although it doesnt really seem like chipping because it is very ... smooth? but it just leaves a fine white line of your nail around the rims - something which i don't particulary mind.
(sorry i know this isnt in focus but my camera is useless)
This was taken without a base or top coat. It only normally chips as much as this finger on the left. The one on the right is just because i didn't have a top coat on, and after about four days (including exams - if that makes a difference!)
So overall i would really recommend these, particularly the bright shades. I think they're great for people like me - on a budget with short nails but don't want to forfit pretty summery colours!!
that's all for now
xoxo anna

No comments:

Post a Comment