Friday 12 June 2009

Barry M Lip Paint Review

So I have three of the Barry M lip paints in :Green - A Touch Of Magic, and numbers 53 and 129. They cost £4.25 each and can be purchased online at barrym.com or at superdrug. They come in a smart, matte black packaging which is square shaped rather than the normal round bullet, and are very 'handbag' friendly because the cap won't come off accidently in your bag and they won't highlight fingerprints like the shiny ones do. However i would suggest you try these in a store first because some are better than others.

One tip i would give is to apply them to your lip and then just rub them in a little with your ring finger to give a smoother finish.



Top to bottom (and left to right) i have:
53 - coral
129 - palest lavender
Green - A touch of magic


Please excuse how wonky my lips look in the following photos!! They don't look like this normally, just on these pictures!


To start off with i may as well say that i have extremely dry lips. I always use a lip balm throughout the day and even though i didn't apply any directly before taking these pictures i have been using it during hte course of the day.

This is number 53. Quite honestly it is my least favourite out of the three. I bought it because i wanted a bright coral lipstick and couldn't afford a rimmel one at the time. (I know it's not showing up very bright but it is quite a strong colour in real life). This lipsticl however is very dry and doesn't apply well. I have tried it with both lip balm underneath and on top but i can't quite make it work. This lip paint is more shimmery as well, something which i don't really like.

This one is the number 129. I really like this lip paint because the colour pay off is amazing!! (Again the picture doesn't really do it justice - my camera doesn't like natural lighting.) My only fault with it would b e than it can be a little too creamy, as i experienced when i almost snapped it in half. It's still a bit lopsided but it'll do!!. This one really is very moisturising though and well worth the money if you like lavender colours.
This one is my favourite. The green lip paint. Most people say it comes out the same colour on everyone when it is supposed to be different, but i tried it on all of my friends and had different results. It also depends on how much you apply - the more you put on the hotter pink it gets. The texture is good - almost halfway between the other too, but it does leave almost a stain on your lips afterwards. However, I do quite like this as it means that it lasts a long time.


So overall i would really recommend these lip paints. I think they're good value if you get the right ones. I would also suggest that you don't take the pictures on the barry m website at face value because a lot of the colours look different in real life.

The next one on my list is currently number 100. It's a really pale but bright pink and is really creamy in texture.

that's all for now
xoxo anna

2 comments:

  1. Ahh cool, I like the look of all of these colours! Thankyou for the review I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!! this is my first comment lol. you have no idea how giddy i am right now hehe

    ReplyDelete