Monday 7 September 2009

No7 Shine Free Make-up Base Review

I bought this when my Body Shop Matte it face and Lips ran out. It contains 40ml and costs £10.25. I used my £5 off No7 voucher so it was only £5.25. This is how much is left after about 2 weeks, although i think it probably wasn't full to the top initially.

This product claims to 'keep shiny skin under control all day long...light reflecting particles help disguise fine lines and flaws'.


The product is very thick compared to others, and goes on white, although it does disappear with enough blending,, but this does take a while due to it viscocity. It does matte this skin, but i feel that it make me more pale as well. I also notice that it has a sort of crumbley texture when i put foundation on over it, where both the base and foundation start to almost peel off in blobs.










You don't need to use very much when you apply it so i assume it will last a long time. In comparison to other bases, this one is relatively well priced, which is a surprise for No7. (The body shop one costs £10 for just 15ml).


Overall i won't re-purchase this, and am intending to buy the GOSH primer soon. I will use this up, but i think maybe more for days when i'm not wearing foundation, but still want a matte finish.


that's all for now
xoxoanna

2 comments:

  1. I am so over the whole "primer" thing! They just do NOT work for me! Ive tried so many! I just use my Simple moisturiser as a makeup base :) Atleast that way Im not craming me skin with unneccessary ingredients! :) Great review!!! Hopefully the GOSH one will work out for you! xx

    ReplyDelete